Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Pointless food review














Muller Light (Smooth Toffee flavour)
Pre-curser: The yogurt in question was an impulse selection, existing only to make up the numbers in a Sainsbury's four for £2 offer that had awooed me.

I ate the other 3 but experienced a change of heart on the Smooth Toffee front, deciding it probably wasn't for me. So it remained in the fridge. But for some reason I grew suspicious of it in there. Left uneaten, I had an incling it was revelling in the upper hand of me wimping out. And it was still goading me this morning, so I decided to throw it in me Thundercats lunch box and graze on it at lunch time.

I did and here's how it went down.

For starters it had that congealed-ey type thing going on. I once again cast my eye to the label - 'Smooth Toffee'. 'Smooth'? Bit of an over sell. Granted I had left it til a day before the use by date but I'd still expect more smoothness from a yogurt which boasts as much. After a hearty (26 second) stir with a spoon the appearance improved, but said improvement was pretty negligible really. I dug in the spoon and went for the first mouth-full, immediately realising it was too sweet. For my particular taste buds, at least. After all, I'd been raised by a half Amish half Inuit family and fed solely on rice cakes and Farley's Rusks right up until my 17th birthday. I digress. Back to the yogurt. Taste-wise it was a bit lacking depth and the after-taste was more like a candle than toffee. Not good. Such was my indifference that I freely admit to only sampling a further 2 spoons, so 3 in all. Maybe because I didn't complete the task that doesn't count as a full review, but if you gleam anything from reading this may it be 'never trust a Toffee yogurt'. They're not so smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment